Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mastering the stairs

Stairs are one of those things that babies can't do, but all in the sudden it's like they've been doing it all along. He couldn't get up more than one or two and it took a lot of encouragement. Then all in the sudden I'd turn my back and wouldn't be able to find him and he'd zoomed up the stairs. It took a little longer to learn to go down. The stairs make me have a constant mini stroke... I go back and forth between thinking "well he's gotta learn sometime" and just wanting to barcade the entire end of the house. It's a long steep staircase with stone floor at the bottom so it's a stair learning nightmare for this mommy.


Part of the problem is he refuses to go down on his stomach. He insists on standing up and walking down holding on to the railing. 



I'm convinced the whole reason he decided to learn to do stairs was to turn the light switch on and off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment