Sunday, April 15, 2012

Andy's Bad Day

I am just starting blogging and I feel like there's so much back story to write that I'm just going to jump right in and you'll just have to fill in the details of our lives as we go along.
Yesterday was my second day back at work and Andy was home with Kade. Andy's brother was also in town so they were fixing to have a good "boys day." But tragedy struck Andy before I'd even left the house in the morning. When he started it up, his X-box showed the dreaded red ring of death, from which it is rumored that there is no return. So as I left, him and david were looking up how to attempt to fix it, while Kade played happily.


The scene I returned home to nine hours later looks like it was straight out of a National Lampoons movie. I pull up the driveway and see Andy standing in the yard with Kade who is screaming his head off, while andy's chasing the cat who is trying to bring something dead in the house. Andy's mysteriously bleeding from multiple places and four of ten fingers are covered in Lightening Mcqueen band-aids, and he's limping around on a foot that appears to be broken. I walk in the house which is completely distroyed and faintly smells of burning Xbox. Every cupboard is open with the contents pulled all over the house...
I turn to Andy and ask what I think is a reasonable question, "honey what happened here today?" .... to which he replies, in all seriousness "we had a bad day." LOL! The understatement of that sentence was just to much, I couldn't stop laughing. I wish I had an explanation for all the events, and blood, and charred technology. But I guess I'll never know, I suppose all the explanation that is really needed is it started as a boys day and ended "a bad day" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment