Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Mothers Day

Today was my first mothers day with our little man. It was so much fun, and although I think the day is to help other people remember how important mothers are, to me it was just a reminder how grateful I am to be a mommy. I love my little man more than I could express, and although being a mommy is very very hard work it's such a blessing. I feel like my life was shallow and meaningless before I had the tiny man to teach and care for and help him grow up to be happy. ANYway... back to our day. Sweet Andy made me breakfast before church (he even made it healthy cause he knows I'm trying to eat good)
 After church, (which was nice because I didn't have to teach so I got to actually listen to the lesson). We hung out at home and played in the yard and got some sun, and Kade tried out his new big boy chair (see post below). Kade rolled over again once for the first time in weeks. Then I got to talk to my brother clay who is on a mission. It was especially fun because he's coming home in a little over a month so it was fun to make plans for when he gets back. YAY!!! Then Andy gave me my mothers day present. First the card that he and Andy made, which Kade chewed on before he'd hand over.

Then I got my gift, a sewing machine! just like I asked for! Andy thought that was a super nerdy gift, but he got it cause he knew I'd been asking for one forever. 

On Friday I got another sweet gift from my sister who sent me flowers cause it was my first mothers day and she's so thoughtful. Kade liked them, he really wanted to chew them and kept burring his face in them and giggling. 
 After some relaxing, we went and had a delicious dinner at Michael and Paige Kenyon's house. They are some friends from the ward who are about our age and are due with their first baby (a son) in about 6 weeks. So excited to meet Kades new little friend! It was fun to eat and talk and Kade was such a good boy. It was the first really warm evening and he sat quietly and played on the picnic bench the whole time we talked. 
I love my sweet little family. I'm so happy to have my baby son and my sweet husband. Today the bishop quoted a talk about how to be a good parent and he said, talking to the men, that the best way to raise good children is to love their mother. Andy is exemplifying that, my sweet husband is the best example for our son of how to be a good man. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww =) how sweet!! He is such a happy little dude, I don't think I've seen a picture yet where he isn't smiling!!
    PS. Tell Andy nice shirt ;) hahaha.

    ReplyDelete