Sunday, May 13, 2012

Kade's chair for big boy food

We recently got Kade a highchair to start solid food. I've read a little bit about starting solids ( I read to much about everything, can't help it, I like to be prepared) and they suggested that it's a good idea to let them sit in their high chair for a little while before starting solids so they can get used to it if they didn't like it. Luckily for us, Kade had no problem with it. he just seemed to be a little confused what to do in there.

Then I gave him one of his baby spoons to get the hang of and he loved that! He thinks being a big boy is great fun! 

From what I've read, they say you can let him play in there as long as he's happy, but then take him out the minute he starts fussing, cause you don't wanna associate bad feelings with eating. However I don't really know that I wanna promote the eating area being play time where we just mess around and be silly. Eat time should be eat time and play time should be play time in my opinion, but we'll get to that teaching later I suppose.  

He played for a few minutes before he was done in his big boy chair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment