Sunday, August 12, 2012

Daddy's 27th birthday

First let me tell you before you judge me about what a lame birthday Andy had... he HATES his birthday. I do not know why, and it is a source of constant confusion every year, but he legitimately does not enjoy celebrating very much and he really does not want gifts. ... but I think THAT is just sad and not one bit fun so I celebrate anyway and only get him gifts of things he needs anyway so he cant fuss too much about me spending money on him. 


So for one of his gifts I made a frame for Andy to take to work and hang in his office because he doesn't have any pictures of Kade up there yet. So I got these photos, after about a million tries. It took me a zillion tries to get him to either stop waving the letter around or licking it and coving up his face with it. Anyway, after I got a few I could work with I edited them and printed them and framed them in black and white. 
This is a really bad picture of the final project but it turned out super cute I think, and Andy loved it. 
When Andy got home from work (he's such a hard worker working on his birthday) we opened presents. Kade wanted to help. This was a lawn dart set and a bike helmet that we'd been needing from andy's parents. 


Then Kade and I sang happy birthday to Daddy and gave him his cake. Andy and I are on an eating good kick and he didn't want a regular cake cause of course just with the two of us eating it we'd end up either eating a million calories we don't need, or most of it going to waste. So I peeled this mini watermelon and decorated it with fresh fruit! I have to say it was one of the tastier birthday cakes I've had and I didn't have to feel one bit guilty about getting seconds. :) 
After Kade went to bed I made Andy blow out his candle and we cut the cake. We ended the night by watching a movie and going to bed at ten. :) We are such wild party animals these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment