Sunday, June 10, 2012

My attempt to be domestic...

Because I got a sewing machine for mothers day, I've been wanting to bust it out and be all cute seamstress wife. However since it took me two whole days to try and thread it properly and get it going... my dreams were a little to big for my capabilities. But since Kade's drooling has reached epic levels, and he has to change bibs every few hours he needed some more. I found some patterns on Pinterest and kinda modified them for the supplies I had. 
This was my motivation...
 It turned out pretty nice! There's piping around the edge which I taught myself how to do on YouTube. This one had both sides made out a flannel, which I probably wouldn't do again, it needs to be something more absorbent for drool. But it was good to practice on...
This one I made for Clay's mission homecoming in two weeks! I think it turned out so cute! I cut out iron on applique for the tie and badge, I hope it holds up in the wash, we shall see. :) The top of this one is made out of jersey stretch material (btw, super hard to sew the piping on) and it is much more absorbent. But for future bibs I think I'll use a thin terry cloth or something even more absorbent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment